Dear MVQU Members,This is the last newsletter of our current quilting year. We will meet regularly throughout the summer for bees on Tuesdays from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. at the Hollin Hall Senior Center, as always. At this time, we do not have any evening bees scheduled for the summer.
We still have one more formal gathering, the June luncheon, on June 9th at the Mt. Vernon Estate. We will gather at 12:00 noon, with lunch served at 12:30 p.m. After lunch, we will have an opportunity to see the quilts our members have donated for the Carpenter's Shelter. Cathy Hanratty will have quilts from the QU Quilt Show to return to members in the parking lot after the luncheon. The luncheon is also the deadline for turning in the Frosty Snowman and Evergreen Tree blocks (or any portion of the blocks you have finished at that time).
Over the summer, I am setting a personal goal of completing some of the many projects I started this year. I will also plan on completing at least one project each for our November auction and for our guild charity project. Those are lofty goals when I'll have two nine-year-old boys at home every day, but maybe the quilting will help keep me sane. I encourage you to set your own goals for quilt-related accomplishments this summer--come back in September and blow us all away at the show and tell!
Speaking of our return in September, Bert Garino and her new board will be heading up our guild beginning the first of July. Our meeting dates will continue to be the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
It has been a pleasure to get to know many of you better as I served as your president this past year. I appreciate all the support and input from the members, and even more, I look forward to being back in the group, instead of in front of the group, this coming year!
See you at the bees, and keep on stitching,
Lynn Miller, MVQU Co-President
*******************
Note: Those not at the luncheon can call Cathy Hanratty if they want to to retrieve their quilts from her house. Otherwise she will be at the bee on the 16th of June.
Note: Those not at the luncheon can call Cathy Hanratty if they want to to retrieve their quilts from her house. Otherwise she will be at the bee on the 16th of June.
No comments:
Post a Comment